1. PM Modi to gift Himachal Pradesh artifact to the G20 leaders in the Bali summit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will gift various artifacts of Himachal Pradesh to the world leaders at the 17th G20 summit to be held at Bali, Indonesia on 15-16 November 2022. India will formally take over the G20 Presidency from Indonesia from 1 December 2022 and it will host the 18th G20 summit in 2023.
According to the newspaper reports the Prime Minister Modi will present Chamba Rumal, Kangra miniature paintings, Kinnauri Shawl, Himachali Mukhate, Kullu Shawl, and Kanal Brass Set to the world leaders as an attempt to boost the Himachal’s art and culture across the globe.
The Prime Minister unveiled the logo, theme, and website of India’s G20 Presidency via video-conferencing on 8 November 2022.
G-20 is the premier forum for international economic cooperation representing around 85 percent of the global GDP, over 75 per cent of the worldwide trade, and about two-thirds of the world population.. G-20 is a group of 19 countries and the European Union.
2. Himachal Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur inaugurates National Conference of tourism ministers
The Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur inaugurated a three-day (18-20 September) national conference of tourism ministers from various states and Union territories at Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh on 18 September 2022.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- Union Minister for Culture and Tourism G Kishan Reddy was the Chief Guest.
- The conference in Dharamshala is being attended by tourism ministers from various states and Union Territories and other officials related to the tourism sectors.
- With India assuming the Presidency of the G20 for one year from December 1, 2022, to November 30, 2023, Tourism-related aspects of the G20 leaders' summit will be discussed at the event.
- India is expected to host over 200 G20 meetings during its year-long Presidency of the influential group, which will culminate with an annual summit on September 9 and 10 next year.