AFSPA extended by six months in Nagaland
Tags: State News
- The Union Home Ministry extended the AFSPA Act in Nagaland for a period of six months with effect from 30th December 2021.
- It is done in the exercise of the powers conferred under Section 3 of the AFSPA Act. Both the Central and State governments have concurrent powers in this regard.
- As per notification “the Central government is of the opinion that the area comprising the whole of the State of Nagaland is in such a disturbed and dangerous condition that the use of armed forces in aid of the civil power is necessary”
- The last extension was made on June 30
- Union Home Ministry has set up a panel to decide on withdrawing the Act in the State.
For more details on AFSPA kindly refer to the 06th December 2021 post.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -