Anantha Nageswaran takes over as Chief Economic Advisor
Tags: Person in news
Dr. V. Anantha Nageswaran an academic and former executive with Credit Suisse Group AG and Julius Baer Group has been appointed as the Chief Economic Advisor to the government of India on 28th January 2022.
- Dr. Nageswaran was a part-time member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India from 2019 to 2021.
- Dr. Nageswaran has worked as a writer, author, teacher and consultant prior to his appointment to this post and was the Dean of the IFMR Graduate School of Business and a distinguished Visiting Professor of Economics at Krea University.
- Nageswaran succeeds Krishnamurthy Subramanian, who returned to academia in October 2021 after completing his three-year tenure.
Role of the Chief Economic Advisor in the Ministry of Finance:
- Advises the Government of India on matters related to finance, commerce, trade, economy and heads the Economic Division under the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA).
- The CEA reports directly to the Minister of Finance.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -