Business Summit on National Mission on Edible Oils-Oil Palm
- The National Mission on Edible Oil- Oil Palm Business Summit for states other than North Eastern States was held in Hyderabad on 28 December 2021.
- It was inaugurated by Union Minister for Agriculture Shri Narendra Singh Tomar.
- This is the second such summit of the Mission, the first was held in Guwahati for North Eastern states on 5 October.
- The minister said that currently about 3 lakh hectares of land is under palm oil cultivation while studies have shown that about 28 lakh hectares of land is suitable for the oil palm cultivation in the country. It is our mission to bring 28-lakh hectares of land under cultivation to make India Aatmanirbhar in edible oil”,
- India is the world’s largest importer of palm oil in the world.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -