Government approves Green Energy Corridor Phase-II
Tags: National News
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today approved the Green Energy Corridor (GEC) Phase-II for Intra-State Transmission System (InSTS).
- The scheme will facilitate grid integration and power evacuation of approximately 20 GW of Renewable Energy (RE) power projects in seven States namely, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
- The transmission line is approximately 10,750 circuit kilometres (ckm).
- The scheme is targeted to be set up with a total estimated cost of Rs. 12,031.33 crore .
- The contribution of the Central Government will be 33% of the cost of around Rs 3970.34 crore .
Target date of completion
The transmission systems will be created over a period of five year from Financial Year 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- The scheme will help in achieving the target of 450 GW installed RE capacity by 2030.
Green Energy Corridor Phase-I
This scheme is in addition to GEC-Phase-I which is already under implementation in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu for grid integration and power evacuation of approx. 24 GW of RE power and is expected to be completed by 2022.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -