Government to start counselling of NEET PG from January 12, 2022
Tags: National News
Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has announced the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Postgraduate) (NEET PG) counselling from January 12 ,2022.
- NEET-PG is a qualifying and ranking examination for postgraduate medical courses in government or private medical colleges.
- The Supreme Court on January 7, in an interim order, allowed resumption of counselling for NEET-PG admissions for 2021-22 while upholding the validity of 27% Other Backward Classes (OBC) and 10% Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) quota.
- Results of the NEET-PG were declared in the last week of September 2021, following which students had been waiting for the counselling to begin for nearly 45,000 postgraduate seats.
- The process was stalled after the Health Ministry’s proposal to reserve seats for EWS was challenged in court. The Supreme court stayed the counseling and asked the Government of India to explain the criteria it used for deciding EWS quota .
- Kindly see the 1 December 2021 post on EWS controversy
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -