India added 33 Unicorns in 2021- the highest ever
To the point:
- Hurun Research Institute has released the Hurun India Future Unicorn List 2021.
- According to the report India has displaced the United Kingdom to be third in the list by adding 33 "unicorns" in a single year.
- The United States and China occupy the first two ranks. The top-two occupants are home to 74% of the unicorn universe.
- The U.S. added 254 unicorns and now totals 487 companies in the coveted list, while China added 74 to take its tally to 301 start-ups having a valuation of more than $1 billion.
- The U.K. added only 15 unicorns to take its total to 39, and hence got displaced by India.
- India is in the midst of a start-up boom, more than doubling its unicorns to take its official tally of unicorns to 54, and overtake the U.K. to third place in the world.
Hurun India Future Unicorn List:
This list highlights India’s fast growing start-up ecosystem to investors, governments, family offices, aspiring entrepreneurs and the international community.
- Hurun Research Institute has classified these start-ups as:
- Unicorns (start-ups founded after the year 2000 with a valuation of US$1bn),
- Gazelles (start-ups that are most likely to go Unicorn in the next 2 years) and
- Cheetahs (could go Unicorn in the next 4 years).
The evaluation is based on regulatory filings, feedback from other entrepreneurs and some of the active India-focused VC funds and angel investors.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -