India to export mango to U.S.
India to resume export of mangoes to U.S. after more than two years. The restriction on the export was imposed as the U.S. phytosanitary inspector did not visit India for inspection due to the Covid -19 pandemic.
- 12th India-USA TPF (Trade Policy Forum) meeting held on 23rd November in New Delhi paved the way for export of mangoes and pomegranate to the U.S. from India and import of cherries and alfalfa animal feed from the U.S. to India.
- Mango and pomegranate export to U.S. will start from January-February 2022 and pomegranate aril export from April 2022. Import of cherries and alfalfa animal feed from the U.S. will begin in April 2022.
- India ranks first in mango production followed by China and Thialand .
- Thiland ranks first in mango export followed by Maxico and Netherlands.
- Malda (West Bengal) is known as the Mango City of India.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -