India tops Sri Lanka’s tourism List
Tags: National News
According to the Sri Lanka’s Tourism Development Authority, Indians topped the list of holiday makers in Sri Lanka in the month of October 2021, as the island nation is showing a gradual revitalisation of leisure tourism after being impacted by the pandemic.
The Tourism Authority said:
- The total number of international tourist arrivals to Sri Lanka during October 2021 was 22,771.
- India, the UK, Pakistan, Russia and Germany were the top five international tourist generating markets during October.
- India was the largest source of tourist visits to Sri Lanka with 37 per cent of the total traffic received in October.
- The UK and Pakistan accounted for 10 per cent and 9 percent of the total traffic respectively.
About Sri Lanka
The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka is a tropical island nation off the southeast coast of the Indian subcontinent. It is separated from the Indian subcontinent by the Gulf of Munnar and the Palk Strait.
- Capitals: Colombo (Executive and Judicial) and Sri Jayawardenepura (Legislative).
- Official Languages: Sinhala and Tamil
- Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksha
- Prime Minister: Mahinda Rajapaksha
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -