Kerala Tops NITI Health Index
Tags: National News
- National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog has released the fourth edition of the State Health Index for 2019–20.
Theme of the report
- The report, titled “Healthy States, Progressive India”, ranks states and Union Territories on their year-on-year incremental performance in health outcomes as well as their overall status.
Who brings out the report
- The report has been developed by NITI Aayog, with technical assistance from the World Bank, and in close consultation with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
The Health Index is a weighted composite index based on 24 indicators in three domains:
- Health Outcomes
- Governance and Information
- Key inputs and process
Highlights of the Report
NITI Aayog has divided the states into Larger States’, Smaller States’ and Union
Ranking of states
- Largest State
- Amongst the Largest States Kerala is the best performer states followed by Tamilnadu, Telangana ,Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- The Bottom ranked state was Uttar Pradesh followed by Uttarakhand ,Rajasthan,Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
- Smaller States
- Amongst Smaller states,Mizoram topped the rank while Nagaland came at the bottom
- Union Territories .
- Amongst Union Territories , Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu topped the rank while Puduchhery was ranked at the bottom.
The first Health Report 2017 was released by the NITI Aayog in 2018
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -