MP’s famous ‘Collarwali’ tigress dies at 17
Tags: State News
T15 or Collarwali, the legendary big cat of Madhya Pradesh’s Pench Tiger Reserve in Chhindwara district who earned the title of “super mom” after giving birth to 29 cubs, died after prolonged illness at the age of 17.
- She was also known as Mataram.
- She gave birth to 29 cubs in eight litters during 11 years - between 2008 and 2018 out of which 25 survived.
- She was cremated on Sunday at the hands of Shanta Bai, a local tribal leader who heads the Ecovikas Samiti and has played an important role in improving living conditions among tribals.
- According to the All-India Tiger Estimation Report 2018, the tiger population in India had risen to 2,967 in 2018 from a record low of 1,411 in 2006.
- Madhya Pradesh was home to 526 tigers, the highest in any state of the country.
- India is home to around 75 percent of the world's tigers.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -