Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Foreign Minister meeting
Tags: International News
- The 17th Session of the Emergency Meeting of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers was held in Islamabad, the capital city of Pakistan.on 19 December 2021.
- It was focussed on the situation in Afghanistan
- The OIC appointed Ambassador Tariq Ali Bakheet as his Special Envoy on Afghanistan.
- The Special Envoy will coordinate delivery of humanitarian assistance and support, and is mandated to pursue economic and political engagement with Afghanistan.
- The Taliban Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi also attended the conference
- The OIC appealed to the world to help the people Afghanistan who are facing starvation
- No country in the world recognizes the Taliban government in Afghanistan and humanitarian aid to the country has almost been stopped leading to hunger and starvation in Afghanistan.
- The foreign minister of five muslim Central Asian countries of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan skipped this meeting and instead went to India to attend a meeting on Afghnasitan.
- The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) was founded in 1969 as the Organisation of the Islamic Conference.
- It is the second largest intergovernmental organization after the United Nations, with the membership of 57 states, covering four continents.
- The OIC is the collective voice of the Muslim world to ensure and safeguard their interest in economic socio and political areas in the spirit of promoting international peace and harmony.
- Its Headquarters is in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- India is not the member of OIC
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -