PM Modi chairs the 8th meeting of the NITI Aayog Governing Council
Tags: National News
The eighth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog was held at the New Convention Center at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
An Overview of the News
- The meeting is focused on the theme of "Growth India @ 2047: Role of Team India".
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is presiding over the meeting as the Chairman of NITI Aayog.
- Several key topics will be covered at the meeting, including:
- Thrust on MSMEs (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises)
- Infrastructure and Investments
- Minimising Compliances
- Women Empowerment
- Health and Nutrition
- Skill Development
- Gati Shakti for area development and social infrastructure.
About NITI Aayog
- NITI Aayog is the premier policy think tank of the Government of India.
- The Government of India formed the NITI Aayog in place of the Planning Commission, which was established in 1950.
- This step has been taken to better meet the needs and aspirations of the people.
Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises:
- It is the apex executive body for MSMEs in India.
- It formulates and administers rules, regulations and laws relating to micro, small and medium enterprises.
- It formulates policies to address the challenges faced by MSMEs, including access to finance, technology, market opportunities, skill development and infrastructure support.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -