SCALE App launched for skill development in leather sector
Union Minister for Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan launched the SCALE (Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees) app at Chennai on 20 September 2022.
He inaugurated the SCALE app while on a visit to the CSIR-Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
The SCALE App
- The app has been developed by the Leather Skill Sector Council. It provides a one-stop solution for the skilling, learning, assessment, and employment needs of the leather industry.
- The app allows people from all age groups interested in leather craft to access online live streamed classes from the state-of-the-art studio of the Leather Skill Sector Council office.
Leather Industry in India :
- India is the second largest producer and consumer of footwear in the world after China.
- The Leather industry in India accounts for around 13% of the world’s leather production.
- The country accounts for 9% of the world’s footwear production.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
The major production centers for leather and leather products in India are located in the states of :
- Tamil Nadu – Chennai, Ambur, Ranipet, Vaniyambadi, Vellore, Pernambut, Trichy, Dindigul and Erode.
- West Bengal – Kolkata.
- Uttar Pradesh – Kanpur, Agra, Noida, Saharanpur
- Maharashtra – Mumbai.
- Punjab – Jalandhar.
- Karnataka – Bangalore.
- Andhra Pradesh – Hyderabad.
- Haryana – Ambala, Gurgaon, Panchkula, Karnal and Faridabad.
- Madhya Pradesh – Dewas.
- Kerala – Calicut and Ernakulam / Cochin.
- Rajasthan - Jaipur.
- Jammu & Kashmir - Srinagar.
- Data Source: Invest India, Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -