Third advance estimate of production of major crops for 2022-23
Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar released the third advance estimates of production of major crops for the agricultural year 2022-23. In which food grains production has been estimated at 3305.34 lakh tonnes in the current agricultural year.
An overview of the news:
- In this, record production of rice, wheat, maize, soybean, rapeseed and mustard and sugarcane has been estimated.
- As per the 3rd Advance Estimates for 2022-23, the estimated production of major crops is as follows:
- Total food grain production: 3305.34 lakh tonnes (record). This is 149.18 lakh tonnes more than the previous year 2021-22.
Main food grains :
- Rice: 1355.42 lakh tonnes, which is 60.71 lakh tonnes more than last year.
- Wheat: 1127.43 lakh tonnes
- Bajra: 111.66 lakh tonnes
- Nutri/Coarse Cereals (Shri Anna): 547.48 Lakh Tonnes
- Maize: 359.13 lakh tonnes
- Total pulses: 275.04 lakh tonnes
- Gram: 135.43 lakh tonnes
- Moong: 37.40 lakh tonnes
- Oilseeds: 409.96 lakh tonnes
- Groundnut: 102.82 lakh tonnes
- Soybean: 149.76 lakh tonnes
- Rapeseed and mustard: 124.94 lakh tonnes
- Cotton: 343.47 lakh bales (170 kg per bale)
- Sugarcane: 4942.28 lakh tonnes
Jute and Mesta: 94.94 lakh bales (180 kg per bale)
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -