Union Minister Jitendra Singh to lead Indian delegation at the Global Clean Energy Action Forum meeting in America
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh will lead a Joint Indian Ministerial official delegation of Ministry of Power, New & Renewable Energy and the Ministry of Science & Technology on a 5-day (19-23 September) visit to USA, to participate in Global Clean Energy Action Forum. The delegation includes Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy R K Singh.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
Meeting in the United States of America :
- They will take part in the joint convening of the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM13) and Mission Innovation (MI-7) which will take place from 21st to 23rd September at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America.
- They will also participate in the 1st Roundtable on Sustainable Bioenergy and Bio-refineries and the 2nd Roundtable on Net Zero Built Environment with Connected Communities.
- At the Clean Energy Action Forum the ministers are likely to underline India's commitment to a low-carbon future that aims to transform the energy landscape of the country by accelerating clean energy innovations.
India’s commitment on clean energy :
- The government of India has committed itself to reach 500 GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030 and increase the contribution of renewable energy in total energy to 50%.
- It has also committed to reduce carbon emissions by one billion tons, reduce carbon intensity of the economy by 45 per cent over 2005 levels and finally achieve net zero emissions by 2070.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -