DELHI POLICE CONSTABLE EXAM:
The Delhi Police Department recruits Delhi Police Constables through a series of exams, personal interviews, and physical tests every year. Eventually a large number of applicants apply for the Delhi Police Constable recruitment, and only the top-performing candidates are chosen for the limited vacancies.
In this article, we will cover how to study for the General Awareness section for the Delhi Police Constable Exam. It will assist you in improving your preparation in a short period of time. Let's start with the exam pattern and the topics covered in the Computer Based Test (CBT).
The Delhi Police Constable Exam Syllabus, which is divided into four major sections Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Knowledge, and Computer, is broad and extensive.
In general, General Awareness questions are unpredictable, making it difficult to prepare for this section because questions can be asked about any subject. That’s why, many aspirants generally concentrate on quantitative aptitude and reasoning, but general awareness is neglected. Read on to learn more about how to make General Awareness preparation easier.
Tips for Preparing General Knowledge Section
Let us first have a look on the Exam Pattern of Delhi Police Constable in the table below:
As you can clearly see the General Awareness Section has the most weightage, and you have the best chance of scoring in this section. This section consists of 50 questions and is intended to assess the candidate's general awareness of his surroundings and its application to society.
Follow these tips:
1. For any government exam’s preparation the crucial step is to know the entire syllabus. You have to take note of the entire syllabus and learn about the topics in which you are weaker. By doing so, you will get an idea of the exam's structure as well as the topics you must cover for the exam.
You must focus on the following topics of general awareness, as most of the questions are expected to be asked from them:
- Geography (India & World)
- Inventions and Discoveries in Science
- The Indian Economy
- General Politics
- National and International Current Events of Importance
- Important financial honours and awards
- Important Days of India & World
- Books & Authors
- Countries and currencies
- Indian states and capitals
2. Current Affairs are the most important part of the Delhi Police Constable's general awareness. A regular national newspaper (The Hindu or Times of India) can teach you about current events. Questions from the current events of the last six months are asked in almost every government exam. Make a habit to prepare your own notes, this will help you retain the knowledge.
3. Creating short and factual notes for each topic on a regular basis, and revising the topics on a regular basis is crucial for the preparation of the Delhi Police Constable's general awareness.
4. Most important thing is to Analyse your knowledge. It is crucial to practise the Delhi Police Constable Mock Test on a regular basis. You will know your weaknesses and strengths by taking the mock tests. A mock test will also help you understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in the Delhi Police Constable General Awareness Section.
Overall, You are required to maintain your composure and focus on your ultimate goal. No exam is difficult until you decide to crack it with complete dedication and hard work. Maintain your concentration on your study plan and make a concerted effort to crack the Delhi Police Constable Exam.