Uttar Pradesh Sub Inspector 2021
Updated On : 07 Sep, 2022
A total of 9534 up police vacancies were released for the posts of Sub Inspector, Platoon Commander, and Fire Officer by the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB) in their official notification on 25th February, 2021.
This vacancy includes post of Sub-Inspector (Confidential), Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (Clerk) and Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (Accounts).
Initially, the last date to apply for this vacancy was 30th May, which was extended to15th June, which was re-extended till 15th July, 2021.
Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB)
UP Police SI 2021
U.P. Govt. Jobs
UP SI Vacancy
In three phases:
1. Online Written Examination
2.nbsp; Documentation & Physical Standard Test (PST)
3. Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
No. of Sections in online exam:
Name of the Sections
● General Hindi
● Basic Law/Constitution/ General Knowledge
● Numerical & Mental Ability Test
● Mental Aptitude Test/IQ Test/ Test of Reasoning
400 (160 questions of 2.5 marks each)
Minimum 35 % Marks in each subject &
Overall 50% Marks
UPSI ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Eligibility criteria are set by the board and candidates must meet them for the post. The details are given below:
A candidate for recruitment must:-
(a) be a citizen of India, or
(b) a Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 1st day of January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(c) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka or any East African country of Kenya, Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) with the intention of permanent residence in India.
2. Educational Qualifications
For the post of Sub-Inspector Civil Police and Platoon Commander, PAC
Bachelor's degree from a University established by law in India or any qualification recognized by the Government as equivalent thereto.
for the post of Fire Officer
Bachelor's degree in Science from a University established by law in India
or any qualification recognized by the Government as equivalent thereto.
3. Preferential Qualifications:-
There shall be no marks of Preferential Qualification, but in case of two or more candidates securing equal marks, preference shall be given to the candidates of Preferential Qualification:-
(1) DOEACC ( DOEACC) / NIELIT Society, 'O' level certificate in Computer, or
(2) Served in Territorial Army for a minimum period of two years, or
(3) Having obtained the "B" of National Cadet Corps certificate
It is necessary for recruitment that candidate must have attained the age of 21 years as on 01-07-2021 and must not have completed more than 28 years of age i.e. date of birth of the candidate 01.07.1993 before and not after 01.07.2000.
The character of the candidate should be such that he is suitable in all respects for employment in Government service. The appointing authority will satisfy itself in this regard.
6. Marital Status-
A male/female candidate who has more than one wife/husband living shall not be eligible for appointment to a post in the Service, or a female candidate who has married a man who already has one wife be alive.
Provided that the Government may exempt any person from the operation of this rule if it is satisfied that a special reason exists for doing so.
7. Physical Fitness
No candidate shall be appointed to the service unless he is in good mental and bodily health and is free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of his duties. Before a candidate is finally approved for appointment, he shall be expected to pass the examination of the Medical Board. Physically handicapped persons will not be eligible for recruitment.
UPSI EXAM PATTERN
The UP Police SI exam will be an online based objective-type exam and the examination pattern is as follows:
Basic Law/Constitution/General Knowledge
Numerical and Mental Ability
Mental Aptitude/IQ/Reasoning Ability
The exam will be an online-based objective type exam.
Candidate must score at least 35% in each section and 50% overall.
Each question will carry 2.5 marks and there shall be no negative marking.
UP Police Physical Standard Test (PST)
Below mentioned are the required physical standards for the post of UP Police SI. Go through the table carefully
Female Candidates should at least weigh 40 kg.
Male Candidates should have a minimum of 5 cm of chest expansion.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates who clear the Physical Standard Test (PST) will be qualified for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Candidates have to cover a certain distance in a specific time period, details of which are mentioned below:
Male – 4.8 KMs in 28 minutes.
Female – 2.4 KMs in 16 minutes.
A-हिन्दी और अन्य भारतीय भाषायें,
B-हिन्दी व्याकरण का मौलिक ज्ञान- हिन्दी वर्णमाला, तद्रव-तत्सम, पर्यायवाची, विलोम, अनेकार्थक, वाक्यांशों के स्थान पर एक शब्द, समरूपी भिन्नार्थक शब्द, अशुद्ध वाक्यों को शुद्ध करना, लिंग, वचन, कारक, सर्वनाम, विशेषण, क्रिया, काल, वाच्य, अव्यय, उपसर्ग, प्रत्यय, सन्धि, समास, विरामचिन्ह, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियां, रस, छन्द, अलंकार आदि, C-अपठित बोध,
D-प्रसिद्ध कवि, लेखक एवं उनकी प्रसिद्ध रचनायें, E-हिन्दी भाषा में पुरस्कार,
Basic Law/Constitution/General Knowledge
A-Fundamental Law- Indian Penal Code and Code of Criminal Procedure, legal provision for protection of women, children, members of Scheduled Castes etc., traffic rules, environmental protection, wildlife protection, human rights protection, Right to Information Act, Income Tax Act, Corruption General Knowledge of Prevention Act, National Security Act, IT Act, Cyber Crime, Public Interest Litigation, Important Judicial Judgment, Land Reforms, Land Acquisition, Land Revenue related laws.
B-Constitution- Objective of the Constitution, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles and Fundamental Duties of Policy, Parliamentary System, Formation of Central and State Governments and their powers, Right to make laws, Local Government, Relations between Center and States, Elections and other important General information about Constitutional Schedules, All India Services and their selection method etc.
C-General Knowledge- General Science, Health and Health Science, History of India, India's Freedom Struggle, Indian Economy and Culture, Indian Agriculture, Commerce and Trade, Population, Environment and Urbanization, FDI (Foreign Direct Investment), World Geography and Geography and natural resources of India, contemporary topics of national and international importance, specific information regarding education, culture and social practices of Uttar Pradesh, revenue, police and general administrative system in Uttar Pradesh, relations between India and its neighbouring countries, computer skills Basic knowledge, Basic/Basic knowledge of Information and Communication Technology, Social Media Communication.
Numerical and Mental Ability
Mental Aptitude/IQ/Reasoning Ability
A-Attitude towards the following:-
Public Interest, Law and order, Communal harmony, Crime Control, Rule of law, Ability of Adaptability, Professional Information (Basic level), Police System, Contemporary Police Issues & Law and order, Interest in Profession, Mental toughness, Sensitivity towards minorities and underprivileged and Gender sensitivity.
B-Relationship and Analogy Test:- Spotting out the dissimilar, Series Completion Test, Coding and Decoding Test, Direction Sense Test, Blood Relation, Problem-based on the alphabet, Time sequence Test, Venn Diagram and chart type test, Mathematical ability Test and Arranging in order.
C-Analogies:- Similarities, Differences, Space visualization, Problem-solving, Analysis judgement, Decision making, Visual memory, Discrimination, Observation, Relationship, Concepts, Arithmetical reasoning, Verbal and figure classification, Arithmetical number series and Abilities to deal with abstract ideas, symbols and their relationships
UPSI SELECTION PROCESS
The UP Police selection process will consist of four stages:
Stage1 - Online Written Exam
The online written examination will be an objective type paper for 400 marks in total.
Stage2- Scrutiny of Records and Physical Standard Test
In this stage, candidates will have to provide all the documents they were required to upload at the time of registration. The candidate’s physical measurement will be tested by the board.
Stage3 - Physical Efficiency Test
The final stage of the selection process will be the Physical Efficiency Test. In this stage, the candidate’s physical fitness will be tested by the board by making them undergo various tasks.
Stage4- Medical Exam
The candidates shortlisted for required the medical examination are required to appear for medical examination which will be done by the Medical Council constituted by the Chief Medical Officer as per the Medical Manual and Police Recruitment Medical Examination Form. Candidates found unsuccessful in the medical test will be declared unfit by the appointing authority and such vacancies will be carried forward for further selection.
Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board, (UPPBPB) has invited applications from candidates to apply for UP Police Recruitment 2021 for the post of Sub-Inspector Civil Police, Platoon Commander and Fire Officer. We have tabulated the vacancy details below for a clear understanding of the vacancies:-
Platoon Commander, PAC
The Pay scale of Sub Inspector starts from Rs. 9,300/- and will continue till Rs. 34,800/- as per 7th CPC. The salary range for the UP SI will be from Rs 27,900 to Rs. 1,04,400.
Detailed salary structure is explained below:
Dearness Allowances & HRA
Gross Monthly Salary
Rs. 27,900 to 1,04,400/-
Rs. 4,000 to 24,000/-
In-Hand UP Police SI Salary
Rs. 24,000 to 80,400/-
In order to ensure selection, one needs to have a proper preparation Plan that will guarantee success in the exam.
- Be Thorough With The Syllabus :Go through the UPSI syllabus and see what all topics are included under each section of the Online Exam. Categorize your strength and weakness, to find out which topics are easy and which are difficult.
- Create A Timetable: The next step is to create a proper and realistic timetable. Separate time slots should be allotted for each of the sections. More time should be spent on the section that you find difficult and less time on your strong sections.
- Develop Reading Habits & Clear Your Concepts: You need to understand what each of the concepts means. Otherwise, it won’t be possible for you to even identify the problems. Especially for the Language section (Hindi/English) and General Knowledge & General Awareness sections, you need an extensive reading. Try to understand the application and usage of grammatical rules and improve your vocabulary. The General Knowledge & General Awareness section on the other hand needs you to have information about a wide range of topics at your fingertips. All these things can be achieved with regular reading of Newspaper and Articles.
- Memorize The Various Rules, Formulas & Steps To Solve Problems: The Elementary Mathematics section needs one to remember a large number of formulas. For General Intelligence & Reasoning section, you need to understand the theory and then remember the various rules and steps to solve problems.
- Practice Diligently: The next step is to solve UPSI Mock test (at least one daily) diligently until you feel confident about a particular topic. Mark the specific type of questions that you find difficult so that you can visit them later.
- Work on Your Time Management: You need to have a balance between your speed and accuracy. Without speed, you won’t be able to finish the paper on time. And without accuracy, you won’t be able to score well. So, practice in a time bound manner and try to control the amount of time you spend on every question.
- Work on Your Weaknesses: Once you have finished the whole syllabus, take UPSI mock tests (full test). Analyze how you have performed and find out what mistakes you have made. Work on them to improve. Also, as you take mock tests, develop a proper strategy to take the exam. Your strategy should be such that you finish the paper on time with maximum accuracy and minimum negative marking.
ALL THE BEST
If you have any query regarding UPSI exam pattern, feel free to ping us.