25 Days Preparation Strategy for SSC CGL MAINS EXAMINATION
Updated On : 14 Jul, 2022
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the CGL(combined graduate level) Exam every year for the recruitment of Grade ‘B and ‘C’ category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. The exam for the Combined Graduate Level Exam Tier-2 is going to be held on the 8th & 10th of August 2022.
Since there are only 25 days left for the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam, the best thing to do now is to focus on revision. Do not start with any new chapter which you have not studied earlier. In addition to this, Revise all the important topics, Maths Formulae and English Grammar rules etc. So, the best thing to do now is to focus on revision..So, if you are willing to appear for the exam and want to score well, you should read this article as through this article we are providing you with the 25 days strategy which you can apply in these last days.
1. Go through the exam pattern;- Going through the exam pattern is the most basic and important step which you must not skip. So, here we are providing the exam pattern for your better understanding of exam components:-
Paper 1- Quantitative Abilities
120 Minutes (for each Paper i.e. Paper 1, 2, 3 & 4 separately)
For VH/ OH (afflicted with Cerebral Palsy/ deformity in writing hand- 160 Minutes
Paper 2- English Language & Comprehension
Paper 3- Statistics
Paper 4- General Studies(Finance & Economics)
2. Revision:- Start with revision of difficult topics. When you start your studies, start with the revision first and then focus on new questions, concepts and topics.
3. Time Management:- You must revise all the topics from every single section. Designate time for each section and try to complete this section at the designated time only.
4. Focus Point:- While solving maths questions, focus both on speed and accuracy. Focus on your calculations too so that you can solve question quickly.
5. Practice With Mock Tests:- Attempt one Mock Test, Sectional Test, Topic-wise test and quizzes daily till the last date of the exams. Analyse your every attempted tests to work on your weak areas.
6. Read Short Notes:- You should read short and factual notes which you have prepared on your own as picking anything new at this moment will not be fruitful for you.
7. Set an Exam Practice day:- You should test your preparation by going through the previous year's question papers as well as new mock tests based on same pattern. We are providing you with 2017-2020’s previous year question papers in test format along with the proper solution to each question. For mock test based on similar pattern, we have provided 10 sets of Quantitative Aptitude and English Language & Comprehension each prepared by our subject matter experts.
8. Don’t take Stress:- It’s human nature that we start taking stress before any exam. So to reduce your stress, you can perform meditation which will help you to be calm and enable you to focus on your studies.
9. Don’t Compare Yourself with Others:- Focus on your preparation, don’t compare yourself with your friends or other competitors. Comparing yourself will demotivate you and this will affect your study schedule.
Covering the whole syllabus is important but at this moment if you haven’t read any topic, you can skip that topic to continue your revision of previously covered topics. Here I am suggesting to you some most important topics which you should cover in these last days to perform better in your exam.
Quantitative Abilities:- 2D, 3D, Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry, Number System, Profit & Loss.
DI (data interpretation)
Profit & Loss
T/W (time & work)
T/S/D (time, speed, distance)
CI/SI (simple and compound interest)
Ratio & Proportion
Mixture & Alligation
English language & Comprehension:- Spotting Error, Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Parajumbles, Direct/ Indirect Speech, Active/ Passive Voice and Phrase Replacement.
Idioms & Phrases
One word substitution
Reading comprehension (passage)
Direct/ indirect speech
Active/ passive voice
Fill in the blanks
SSC CGL Test 1
6th July, Wednesday
SSC CGL Test 2
8th July, Friday
SSC CGL Test 3
11th July, Wednesday
SSC CGL Test 4
15th July, Friday
SSC CGL Test 5
20th July, Wednesday
SSC CGL Test 6
22nd July, Friday
SSC CGL Test 7
27th July, Wednesday
SSC CGL Test 8
29th July, Friday
SSC CGL Test 9
3rd August, Wednesday
SSC CGL Test 10
5th August, Friday
Live Test (Maths + English)
SSC CGL Live Test 1
17th July Sunday
SSC CGL Live Test 2
24th July Sunday
SSC CGL Live Test 3
31st July Sunday
SSC CGL Live Test 4
7th Aug Sunday
Except these, we are providing you with the 20 sectional sets of Maths test and 20 sectional sets of English test with 15 questions each. You will get SSC CGL Quizzes in which you have to answer 10-15 questions in 5-10 minutes.