1. Defence News
1. DRDO successfully test Stand Off Anti-Tank missile
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Air Force (IAF) flight-tested the indigenously designed and developed Helicopter launched Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile from Pokhran ranges in Rajasthan.
- The SANT missile has been designed and developed by Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad in coordination with other DRDO labs and participation from industries.
The target range of the SANT missile is upto 10 KM.
2. Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh hands over DRDO developed products to Armed Forces
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh handed over five Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) developed products to the Armed forces and other security agencies at an event held at DRDO Bhawan, New Delhi on December 14, 2021, as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations and iconic week of Ministry of Defence.
- He also handed over six Transfer of Technology (ToT) agreements to seven public and private sector companies. Earlier DRDO organised a Seminar on “Preparing For The Future''.
3. Successful Launch of supersonic missile Assisted-Torpedo (SMART)
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully launched Supersonic Missile Assisted-Torpedo System (SMART) from Abdul Kalam Island (formerly known as Wheeler Island), Orissa on 13th December 2021.
- It is a missile assisted release of the lightweight Anti-Submarine Torpedo System for anti-submarine warfare (ASW) operations far beyond torpedo range.
- It is a canister based missile system, consisting of advanced technologies viz. two stage solid propulsion, electro-mechanical actuators and precision inertial navigation. The missile is launched from a ground mobile launcher and it can cover a range of distances.
- The system is a next-generation missile-based standoff torpedo delivery system.
- The missile is set to enhance anti-submarine warfare capability of the Indian navy.
4. Defence export from India
- The government of India has informed the Parliament that in 2020-21 total defence export was Rs 8,434.84 crore.
- Raksha Mantri: Mr. Rajnath Singh
- Minister of State for Defence: Mr Ajay Bhatt
1. India -Maldives military exercise
11th Edition of Exercise EKUVERIN between India & Maldives will be conducted at Kadhdhoo Island, Maldives from 06 to 19 December 2021.
- The exercise will enhance synergy & inter-operability between Armed Forces of both the Nations in terms of understanding transnational terrorism both on land & at sea, conducting Counter Terrorism & Counter Insurgency Operations and sharing best military practices and experiences.
2. DRDO successfully tests VL-SRSAM
Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) on 7th December successfully flight tested Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile(VL-SRSAM) by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha.
3. Air version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired from Sukhoi 30 MK-I off Odisha coast
Air version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired from the supersonic fighter aircraft Sukhoi 30 MK-I at 1030 hrs on 7th December, from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha .
4. Lockheed Martin to make fighter aircrafts wings prototype in India
- US defence company Lockheed Martin has selected Tata Lockheed Martin Aerostructures Ltd (TLMAL) as a potential future co-producer of fighter aircraft wings in India.
- TLMAL, is a joint venture between Tata Advanced Systems Ltd and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics of the United States.
- Lockheed Martin is a major defence company of the United States which manufactures a number of defence products like F-16,F-21,F-22,F-35.
5. DRDO Successfully test Multi-barrel rocket launcher Pinaka ER
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully tested multi barrel rocket launcher Pinaka Extended Range at Pokhran, Rajasthan
- The system is jointly designed by laboratories of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) - Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL), Pune.
- The enhanced range version of the Pinaka Rocket System can destroy targets at distances up to 45km.