1. Sports News
Tags: Sports News
1. Max Verstappen is the Formula One World Champion
- Max Verstappen of Red Bull team was crowned the Formula one champion after winning the year end Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to beat the race leader Lewis Hamilton.
- He became the first Dutch(Netherland) driver to win the Formula one or F1 motor car racing championship.
2. 20th Asian Rowing Championship
It was organised at the Royal Thai Navy Rowing Center in Rayong,Thailand from 8-12 December 2021.
India won six medals in all - two gold and four silver.
Gold Medal winners of India
● Arvind Singh - men’s lightweight single sculls.
● Arjun Lal Jat, and Ravi, - men‘s double sculls event.
Silver medal winners
● Parminder Singh - men’s single sculls.
● Jasveer Singh, Punit Kumar, Gurmeet Singh and Charanjeet Singh - men’s coxless fours.
● Bittu Singh, Jakar Khan, Manjeet Kumar and Sukhmeet Singh - quadruple sculls.
● Ashish Phugat and Sukhjinder Singh - men’s lightweight double sculls.
3. 88th National Snooker and Billiards Championship
- The final was held on 14 December 2021, at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh .
- It was organized by the Billiards and Snooker Federation of India (BSFI), the governing body for cue sports in India.
Men : Ishpreet Singh Chadha defeated Malkeet Singh
Women : Amee Kamani defeated Anupama Ramchandran
4. SFJI Awards
- The Sports Journalists’ Federation of India (SJFI) has announced its year end 2021 awards.
- SFFI Medal: legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar.
- SJFI Sportsman of the Year award: Tokyo Olympics gold medalist, Javelin Thrower Neeraj Chopra.
- SJFI Sportswoman of the Year: Tokyo Olympics Silver Medal winner, weightlifter Mirabai Chanu.
- SJFI Team of the Year: The Indian men's team which won the hockey bronze in the Tokyo Olympics.
- SJFI Men Parathletes of the Year: Sumit Antil and Pramod Bhagat.
- Sumit Antil in Javelin throw and Pramod Bhagat in Badminton.
- SJFI Women SJFI Para Athlete of the Year: Tokyo Olympics Gold medal winner in shooting.
5. VVS Lakshman takes charge as NCA Head
Former India batter VVS Lakshman took charge as the new Head of National Cricket Academy (NCA) on 14th December 2021.
- Laxman has occupied the position that was vacated by former India captain Rahul Dravid, who began his tenure as head coach of the national men’s team with the commencement of the home series against New Zealand.
6. India to host u-18 and u-19 SAFF Championship 2022
All India Football Federation (AIFF) announced that India will host the Under-18 Women’s Championship 2022 in March and Under-19 Women’s Championship 2022 in July-August.
- The SAFF U-18 Women's Championship will begin on March 3 while the final is slated to take place on March 14, 2022.
- Meanwhile, SAFF U-19 Women’s Championship will commence on July 25, with the final set to take place on August 3, 2022.
7. Indian team wins Bridge Championship
- The Indian team of Sumit Mukherjee, Jaggy Shivdasani, Keyzad Ankelsaria, Sundeep Thakral, Rajeswar Tewari and Debabrata Majumder defeated the United Arab Emirate (UAE) side to win the Asia and Middle East Bridge Championship title.
- It was held at NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh.
- Both the countries have qualified for the upcoming World Bridge Championship to be held in Italy from March 27 to April 10, 2022.
8. Racism in South Africa cricket
- Social Justice and Nation-Building (SJN) Commission has held Cricket South Africa (CSA) administration, former captain and current director Smith, current head coach Mark Boucher and former batter AB de Villiers of racism and being unfairly discriminating against black cricket players.
- The South Africa and Nation Building commission was set up by the Cricket South Africa to investigate the issue of racism in South African cricket.
- The head of the Commision was Mr. Dumisa Ntsebeza.
2. Sports News
Tags: Sports News
1. Perfect ten for Ajaz Patel
- New Zealand bowler Ajaz Patel became the third player in the history of test Cricket to take all ten wickets in an innings.
- He took all ten Indian wickets in the first innings of the India In the Second Test Match of the series being played at Mumbai, Wankhede Stadium.
2. BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu settles for silver
Indian badminton star PV Sindhu lost the final of the BWF World Tour Finals to South Korea's An Seyoung in straight games 21-16 21-12.
- The season-ending HSBC BWF World Tour Finals was held in Bali, Indonesia, from 01-05 December 2021.
3. India win the Test Series against New Zealand
- India defeated New Zealand in the second test by a record 372 runs to win the series 1-0.
- The second test match was held at Wankhede stadium, Mumbai.
4. Russia wins Davis Cup
The Russian Tennis Federation defeated Croatia in the final held at Madrid, Spain.
- 18 teams were competing in the tournament which was held from 25 november to 5 December 2021 at Innsbruck, Austria, Madrid, Spain and Turin, Italy.
5. Lewis Hamilton wins Saudi Grand Prix
Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes team won the Saudi Arabia Formula 1 racing title at Jeddah. He is from Great Britain.
- Saudi Arabia hosted the Formula 1 race for the first time.
6. Rohit Sharma becomes new white ball-captain
The BCCI, cricket selection committee has appointed Rohit Sharma as the captain of the ODI side till 2023 World Cup to be held in India and was made the Vice-Captain of the Test team removing Ajinkya Rahane as the Test team Vice-Captaincy.
7. India A wins 2021–22 BCCI Senior Women's Challenger Trophy Title
- It was held at the Mulapadu Cricket Complex in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
- It took place from 4 to 9 December 2021.
8. Manipur Claims 26th Senior Women’s National Football Championship title
Manipur defeated Railways 2-1 on penalties in the final of 26th Senior Women's National Football Championship held at EMS Corporation Stadium, Kozhikode, Kerala. The league consisted of 32 teams for the 2021-22 season.
9. FIDE World Chess Championship 2021
Magnus Carlsen of Norway defeated Ian Nepomniachtchi of Russia and won the World Chess championship 2021.
3. Sports News
Tags: Sports News
1. Ram Kumar wins his maiden Challenger Tennis title
- Indian tennis player Ram Kumar Ramanathan won his maiden Challenger level singles title at the first edition of the Association of tennis professionals (ATP’S) Bahrain ministry of interior tennis challenger 2021 held in Manama, Bahrain.
- He defeated Evgeny Karlovskiy from Russia.
- He secured 186th rank with his victory.
- He became the highest ranked India on the ATP Singles ranking chart.
2. FIFA Club World Cup to be held in UAE in February 2022
World Football’s Governing Body announced that the FIFA Club World Cup which was initially set to be held in December 2021 - January 2022 in Japan, will now be held in the United Arab Emirates in February 2022.
3. Ravichandran Ashwin breaks Harbhajan’s Record
Indian Off Spinner Ravichandran Ashwin broke the record of Harbhajan Singh to become the third-highest test wicket-taker in India.
He took his 418 test wicket when he dismissed New Zealand player Tom Latham in the first Test match played at Green Park Stadium, Kanpur.
4. WTA suspends event in China over Peng issue
The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) has taken the unprecedented step of immediately suspending all of its events in China, citing the failure of the authorities to take up Chinese star Peng Shuai’s allegations of sexual abuse by a former senior Communist Party leader.
5. FIFA announces Women Football World cup 2023 schedule
- It will be co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand
6. Sage National Billiards & Snooker Champions 2021
Ladies’ 6-Red Snooker Champion:
Mens’ 6-Red Snooker Champion: