27th The CII Partnership Summit 2021
- The 27th edition of The CII Partnership Summit is being held virtually By Confederation of Indian Industries(CII) , in partnership with the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India from 13 -15 December 2021
- Theme - Partnering for Building a New World: Growth, Competitiveness, Sustainability, Technology.
National Summit on Agro and Food Processing
- It is organised by the Government of Gujarat from 14 to 16 December 2021 at Anan d, Gujarat.
- The theme of the summit is “Agro and Food Processing: Entering a new era of Cooperation Atma Nirbhar Krishi”.
- It is being attended by over 5000 farmers who will be present in the Summit, apart from farmers being connecting Live through Central Institutes of ICAR, Krishi Vigyan Kendras and ATMA (Agricultural Technology Management Agency) network in the States.
1. 5th Indian Ocean Conference
- The fifth Indian Ocean Conference is being held in Abu Dhabi from 6-10 December 2021.
- The Theme of the Conference is “Ecology,, Economy,Epidemic”
- The Chairman of the conference is the Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajpakse
- India Is represented by the External Affairs Minister Mr. S. Jaishankar
2. Summit for Democracy
Theme of the Summit: “combating authoritarianism, fighting corruption and promoting human rights”.
- Organised by the State Department of the United States
- Biden announced plans for the U.S. to spend up to $424 millions around the world to support Independent media, anti-corruption work and more.
PM Modi Addresses Democracy Summit
Indian Prime Minister Mr Narender Modi also participated in the summit virtually .
The PM said that the “four pillars of Indian democratic governments” are “sensitivity, accountability, participation and reform orientation”.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that Democracies should jointly deal with social media and cryptocurrencies.
The PM further added that, we all need to constantly improve our democratic practices and systems. And, we all need to continuously enhance inclusion, transparency, human dignity, responsive grievance redressal and decentralization of power.
- Major countries like Russia, China, Saudi Arabia have not been invited to the summit.
- Pakistan was invited to the summit but it chose to back off from the summit over the fear that it will offend its close ally China.
INDIA Joins G20 Troika
India recently joined G20 Troika and started the procedure for taking over the G20 presidency next year. Currently the troika is made of Italy, Indonesia and India.