17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention 2023 website launched to start online registration
Tags: National Summits State News
The website for the 17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) Convention was jointly launched on 13 October 2022 by the External Affairs Minister, Dr. S. Jaishankar and the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The launch of the PBD website (pbdindia.gov.in) marks the commencement of online registration for participation in the PBD Convention 2023.
Pravasi refers to the Indians who are working abroad (Non Resident Indians) or persons of Indian origin who have taken up the citizenship of other countries.
17th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention
- The 17th PBD Convention is being organized from 08-10 January 2023 at Indore, Madhya Pradesh, in collaboration with the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- The 17th PBD Convention will be held in a physical format after a gap of four years. The last PBD Convention in 2021 was held virtually during the Covid pandemic.
- The theme of PBD Convention 2023 is "Diaspora: Reliable partners for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal”.
- The PBD Convention 2023 will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 09 January 2023.
- The Youth PBD will be held on 08 January 2023, in partnership with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- On 10 January 2023, President Droupadi Murmu will confer Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards and preside over the Valedictory Session.
Who organizes the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is organised by the Ministry of External Affairs in partnership with a state government and an Industry body, either Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) or Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry(FICCI) . It is normally organised on 9 January.
Significance of 9 January
- On this day in 1915 the greatest pravasi of India , Mahatma Gandhi returned from South Africa in 1915 from South Africa to India .
- His ship SS Arabia docked in Bombay (now Mumbai) on 9 January 1915.To honour and celebrate the occasion the government of India decided to start Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in 2003.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -