64th Ramon Magsaysay award 2022 announced
Tags: Awards International News
The Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (RMAF), Manila, Philippines has announced the winners of the 64th Ramon Magsaysay award 2022 on 31 August 2022.
It is given to Individuals and organisation for providing solutions to some of the most challenging problems of human development in Asia or the world.
The award which is considered to be equivalent to the ‘Asian Nobel Prize’ will be given to Tadashi Hattori, Gary Bencheghib, Sotheara Chhim, and Bernadette J. Madrid on 30 November 2022.
Awardee of 2022
He is from Cambodia. He has been honoured for his role as an Psychiatrist and mental health advocate who has played a key role in providing treatment of thousands of traumatized survivors of the Khmer Rouge's brutal rule and other patients in his country
He is from Japan. He is an ophthalmologist and humanitarian who has been honoured for his commitment in providing free eye surgeries in Vietnam.
She is a paediatrician from the Philippines. She has been honoured for her work as championing the Filipino child’s right to protection by creating safe spaces for abused children nationwide.
He is from France. He has been honoured for his work in eradicating marine plastic pollution in Bali, Indonesia.
Ramon Magsaysay Award
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award was founded in 1957 in memory of the Philippines President Ramon Magsaysay who died in a plane crash in 1957.
- The award was established by the American philanthropist Rockfellers Brothers fund.
- The first award was given on 31 August 1958 and Vinoba Bhave of India was amongst the first five awardee.
- It was till 2008 given in 6 categories annually. They were Community Leadership,Public Service, Government Service, Journalism, Literature, and Creative Communication Arts,Peace and International Understanding,Emergent Leadership.
- Starting in 2009, the Ramon Magsaysay Award is no longer being given in fixed Award categories, except for Emergent Leadership.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -