1. India -Maldives military exercise
11th Edition of Exercise EKUVERIN between India & Maldives will be conducted at Kadhdhoo Island, Maldives from 06 to 19 December 2021.
- The exercise will enhance synergy & inter-operability between Armed Forces of both the Nations in terms of understanding transnational terrorism both on land & at sea, conducting Counter Terrorism & Counter Insurgency Operations and sharing best military practices and experiences.
2. DRDO successfully tests VL-SRSAM
Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) on 7th December successfully flight tested Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile(VL-SRSAM) by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha.
3. Air version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired from Sukhoi 30 MK-I off Odisha coast
Air version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired from the supersonic fighter aircraft Sukhoi 30 MK-I at 1030 hrs on 7th December, from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha .
4. Lockheed Martin to make fighter aircrafts wings prototype in India
- US defence company Lockheed Martin has selected Tata Lockheed Martin Aerostructures Ltd (TLMAL) as a potential future co-producer of fighter aircraft wings in India.
- TLMAL, is a joint venture between Tata Advanced Systems Ltd and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics of the United States.
- Lockheed Martin is a major defence company of the United States which manufactures a number of defence products like F-16,F-21,F-22,F-35.
5. DRDO Successfully test Multi-barrel rocket launcher Pinaka ER
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully tested multi barrel rocket launcher Pinaka Extended Range at Pokhran, Rajasthan
- The system is jointly designed by laboratories of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) - Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL), Pune.
- The enhanced range version of the Pinaka Rocket System can destroy targets at distances up to 45km.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -