England wins the ICC T20 Men's world cup second time by beating Pakistan in the final
The England men’s cricket team won its second ICC T20 men’s cricket world cup by defeating Pakistan in the final played at the Melbourne cricket stadium on 13 November 2022. The England team is the current ICC ODI (One Day International) world champion 2019 and it earlier won the ICC T20 men's world cup in 2010.
England are the first men's team in history to hold both the 50-over and 20-over World Cups simultaneously.
The captain of the Pakistani team was Babar Azam while the English side was led by Jos Butler.
Brief Score ;
Batting first Pakistan scored 137 for 5 wickets in their allotted 20 overs.
England scored 138 for the loss of 5 wickets in 19 overs .
Player of the Final : Sam Curran of England for his spell of 3 wickets for 12 runs.
Player of the World Cup : Sam Curran of England for his 13 wickets in the tournament.
8th ICC Men’s World Cup 2022 highlights
- It was organised by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in Australia from 16 October to 13 November 2022. Originally it was to be held in 2020 but was postponed to 2022 due to covid.
- Australia, New Zealand, England , South Africa , India, Bangladesh ,Pakistan and Afghanistan automatically qualified for the Super 12 .
- Sri Lanka, Ireland, Netherlands and Zimbabwe won their qualification round to play in the Super 12 group.
- For the first time West Indies failed to qualify for the super 12 stage of the tournament.
- Virat Kohli was the highest run scorer in the tournament with 296 runs in six innings .
- He also broke the record of Sri Lankan player Mahela Jayewardene of 1016 runs in the T20 World Cup. Kohli now has a total of 1141 runs in the
- T 20 world cup .
- Maximum wickets in the T20 world cup : Wanindu Hasaranga of Sri Lanka, 15 wickets .
History of the ICC T20 Men’s World Cup
West Indies, United States
Australia ,New Zealand
England, Wales, Ireland & Scotland
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -