Government of India appoints Giridhar Aramane as the Defence Secretary
Tags: Person in news
In a major reshuffle the Appointment committee of the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 19 October 2022. Giridhar Aramane has been appointed as the new Defence Secretary and he will take office after the incumbent Ajay Kumar retires at the end of this month. The committee also approved a number of new secretaries in the various departments of the government of India.
The new appointment are as follows;
- Sanjay Malhotra has been appointed as the new Revenue Secretary. He will take over as the Revenue Secretary after Tarun Bajaj completes his term on November 30, 2022.
- Vivek Joshi has been appointed as the Financial Services Secretary.
- Mritunjay Kumar Narayan has been appointed as the new Registrar General of India and Census Commissioner in place of Joshi.
- Nagendra Nath Sinha has been named the new Steel Secretary. He will take over as Secretary after the retirement of Sanjay Kumar Singh on December 31, 2022.
- Shailesh Kumar Singh has been appointed as the new Rural Development Secretary from 1 December 2022.
- Amrit Lal Meena has been appointed as the new Coal Secretary. He will take charge from 1 November 2022 after the retirement of Anil Kumar Jain on October 31.
- Sudhansh Pant has been appointed as the Secretary Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways. He will take charge on 1 February 2023.
- Kamran Rizvi has been appointed Heavy Industries Secretary.He will take office from 1 January 2023.
- Rachna Shah has been named as the new Steel Secretary. She will take over as the secretary after incumbent Upendra Prasad Singh retires by month-end.
- Bhupinder Singh Bhalla has been appointed as the New and Renewable Energy Secretary. He will assume charge on 1 November 2022.
- Manoj Govil has been appointed Secretary in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Sanjay Kumar will be the new Secretary of the Department of School Education & Literacy.
- Sanjeev Chopra has been appointed as the Secretary of the Department of Food and Public Distribution.
- Alka Upadhyay has been named the new Secretary of the Road Transport and Highways Ministry.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -