India wins its 1000th International ODI cricket match
Tags: Sports News
- The Indian cricket team led by Rohit Sharma comfortably defeated the West Indian team by six wickets to win its 1000th international ODI (One Day International ) cricket match played at the Narendra Modi stadium ,Ahmedabad on 7 February 2022.
- India now lead the 3 match ODI series 1-0.
- India also became the first cricket playing nation to play 1000 th ODI match in the world .
- One Day International or limited overs cricket match was first played between England and Australia in 1971 in Melbourne, Australia.
- India played its first ODI match against England at Leeds in June 1974. Ajit Wadekar was the captain of the Indian side which lost the match.
- India won its first ODI match against East Africa in 1975 at the first world cup 1975 played in England.
- India has won two ODI world cups , 1983 played in England and 2011 ,hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh .
- The 1983 team was captained by Kapil Dev and the 2011 team was captained by Mahender Singh Dhoni.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -