Jammu and Kashmir integrated with the National Single window System

Tags: National News

  • Jammu & Kashmir became the first Union Territory to join the National Single Window System (NSWS). 
  • NSWS was launched in September 2021 by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) along with Invest India.
  •  It  is a digital platform that serves as a guide for investors to identify and to apply for approvals as per their business requirements.
  • At present 14 States/UTs are integrated with the  NSWS. They are  Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand.

Objective of the National Single Window System 

The main objectives of the NSWS are as follows :

1) To establish a single-window mechanism by integrating the services provided by various Central Ministries, Departments, and State Governments

2) To provide a one-stop-shop for procuring pre-establishment and pre-operation approvals and permits required to establish a business in India

3) To provide efficient, convenient, transparent, and integrated electronic service to investors, industries, and businesses


The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) was established in the year 1995 and was reconstituted in the year 2000 with the merger of the Department of Industrial Development. 

The department was earlier called Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion; and was renamed as DPIIT in January, 2019.

It comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.

Important Function of the DPIIT 

  • It helps in making the Industrial policy of the Government of India 

  • It is the nodal body for  matters related to Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) .

  • It undertakes promotion of investment for industrial development of the country. 

  • It  is  the nodal body for  matters relating to Protection of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)  and administers law related to IPR.

Invest India 

Invest India  is a National Investment and Promotion Agency to promote India as an investment destination  and encourage Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India.

  • It was set up as  a company in 2009 and started its operation in 2010 .

  • It is a joint venture of the government and the private sector .

  • The  Central and State Government  holds  49%  of the shares in Invest India and  the rest 51% is with Industrial bodies ( Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), National Association of Software Services Companies of India (NASSCOM),Confederation of Indian Industries(CII).

Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -