Japan-India Maritime Exercise (JIMEX 23) 2023
The seventh edition of the bilateral Japan-India Maritime Exercise (JIMEX 23) 2023 being conducted by the Indian Navy is being conducted at Visakhapatnam from 5 to 10 July 2023.
An Overview of the news: -
- The seventh edition marks the 11th anniversary of JIMEX since its inception in 2012.
- Units of the Japan Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) under the command of RADM Nishiyama Takahiro while Indian Navy ships under the command of Admiral Gurcharan Singh are participating in the exercise.
Demonstration of practice weapons:
- The exercise will see the participation of INS Delhi, India's first indigenously built Guided Missile Destroyer, INS Kamorta, an indigenously designed and built Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette, Fleet Tanker INS Shakti, Maritime Patrol Aircraft P-8I and Dornier.
- The JMSDF will be represented by the guided missile destroyer JS Samidare and its integral helicopters.
Six Day Practice:
- The exercise will be conducted over six days in two phases - a harbor phase at Visakhapatnam which will include professional, sports and social interactions.
- Both the navies will jointly hone their warfare skills at sea and enhance interoperability in the surface, sub-surface and air domains through complex multi-discipline operations.
- Capital: Tokyo
- King: Prince Naruhito (The reign of the 126th king will be known as 'Riwa'.)
- Prime Minister: Fumio Kishida
- Currency: Japanese Yen
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -