National Conference on Tourist Police Scheme held in New Delhi
The Union Ministry of Tourism in coordination with the Ministry of Home Affairs and Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) organised the National Conference on Tourist Police Scheme in New Delhi on 19 October 2022.
The conference was addressed by the Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, Union Minister for Tourism G. Kishan Reddy and others.
Status of Tourism in India
According to the Tourism Statistics 2022 released by the Union Ministry of Tourism;
- The total number of domestic tourists in 2021 was 677.63 million as compared to 610.22 million in 2020, an increase of 11.05 percent.
- Tamilnadu received the maximum number of domestic tourists (140.65 million) followed by Uttar Pradesh (86.12 million).
- Due to restrictions related to COVID-19, the number of Foreign Tourists visiting India during 2021 decreased to 1.52 million as compared to 2.74 million in 2020, registering a negative growth of 44.5%.
- The favourite destination of the foreign tourists in 2021 was Tamilnadu (1.26 million tourists) followed by Maharashtra (1.23 million).
- India received maximum foreign tourists from the United States of America followed by Bangladesh, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Nepal.
- In 2021, foreign exchange earnings from tourism were US $ 8.797 billion as compared to US$ 6.959 billion in 2020, registering a positive growth of 26.4%.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -