Nearly 6000 NGO loses FCRA Licence
Tags: National News
- Registration of 5,933 NGOs under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) 2010 lapsed on December 31, 2021, either for failure to apply for renewal before the due date or the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) rejecting their applications.
- The remaining, which had applied for renewal, were refused, as MHA found their operations or accounts to be in violation of FCRA..
- Oxfam India Trust, Jamia Millia Islamia and Indian Medical Association (IMA) are among these organisations.
- Oxfam was found to have transferred over ₹4 crore to 140 small NGOs and educational institutions before September 2020.
- The amendments to the FCRA brought in September 2020 bar NGOs from transferring foreign funds to other domestic NGOs.
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs is the administrator of the FCRA 2010 act in India.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -