NHPC wins ‘Best Globally Competitive Power Company of India award at the PRAKASHmay ‘15th Enertia Awards 2022’
The government of India owned company NHPC Limited has been awarded as Winner of ‘Best Globally Competitive Power Company of India – Hydropower and Renewable Energy Sector’ at PRAKASHmay ‘15th Enertia Awards 2022’.
U.S. Sahi, Executive Director, NHPC received the award on behalf of NHPC at a glittering function held at New Delhi Institute of Management, New Delhi on 22nd December 2022.
This award is organized by ENERTIA Foundation and supported by the Renewable Energy Promotion Association and the New Delhi Institute of Management.
- It was earlier called the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation.
- It was set up by the Government of India in 1975.
- It is the largest organisation for hydropower development in India.
- The company is now also engaged in the business of solar and wind power.
- NHPC Limited presently has an installation base of 7071.2 MW from 24 power stations.
- NHPC is presently engaged in the construction of 11 projects aggregating to a total installed capacity of 7539 MW.
- Headquarters: Faridabad, Haryana.
Chairman and Managing Director: Rajiv Kumar Vishnoi
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -