Union Minister Hardeep Puri attends the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference
Tags: Person in news International News
Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas and Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri attended the Opening Ceremony of the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC-2022) on 31 October 2022 at Abu Dhabi. United Arab Emirates.
Hosted by ADNOC(Abu Dhabi National Oil Company), ADIPEC is one the world's leading events of the energy industry and aims to provide insights on the latest trends affecting an evolving global energy system including the global economy, energy supply as well as next generation of energy solutions.
Mr Singh who was on a day visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) held bilateral discussion with his counterparts from UAE, Suhail Mohamed Faraj Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure, and Dr. Sultan Ahmad Al Jaber, Minister of Industry & Advanced Technology, MD & Group CEO, ADNOC, to strengthen energy cooperation within the overall framework of India-UAE Strategic Partnership.
The Minister also inaugurated the India Pavilion, set up jointly by Federation of Indian Petroleum Industry (FIPI) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
India- UAE Trade Relations
- UAE is an important trade partner of India with which India has a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement to promote free trade in goods and services.
- UAE is the third largest trading partner of India after China and the United States.
- UAE is the second largest export market for India after the United States.
- UAE was the second largest source of imports for India after China. The US is the third largest source of imports.
- India ranks as the UAE’s number one trading partner for non-oil exports, accounting for nearly 14 percent of the UAE’s total non-oil exports globally.
United Arab Emirate (UAE)
- It is a federation of seven Emirates of Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Khaimah, Ajmain, Fujairah, Umm -Al-Quwain. It is an Arabian country.
- Abu Dhabi is the largest of the emirates and is the centre of UAE oil business.
- It is situated in the West Asia /Middle East region of the world in the Arabian Peninsula.
- UAE in its present form came into existence in 1971.
Capital of UAE: Abu Dhabi
Currency: Emirati Dirham
President of UAE: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. He is the king of Abu Dhabi.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -