Visit of Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdul Karim, Secretary General of the Muslim World League to India
Tags: Person in news
Sheikh Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa, Secretary General of the Muslim World League, has arrived in India on 10 July 2023 on a five-day visit. Dr. Al-Issa is known as a well-known expert on moderate Islam.
An Overview of the news:
- Dr. Al-Issa, Secretary-General of the League, jointly addressed other religious leaders and academics at an event organized at the India Islamic Cultural Center on 11 July.
- In his address, he said that the Muslim community living in India is proud of their nationality that they are Indian citizens. They also feel proud of their constitution. India can send a message of peace to the world.
- Indian communities with their diversity are a great model of coexistence not only in words but also at the ground level.
- India is home to the second largest Muslim population in the world. In 2011, the population of Muslims in India was 172.2 million.
- The Indian Muslim population is almost equal to the combined population of more than 33 member countries of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
Muslim World League:
- The Muslim World League was established on 18 May 1962 by a resolution adopted during a meeting of the General Islamic Conference held in Mecca. It has had eight general secretaries since its inception.
- The purpose of the Muslim World League is to promote Islam and the moderate values presented in the Quran and Sunnah.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -