6 Lakh Indians renounced citizenship in last 5 years
Tags: National News
- More than Six lakh Indians renounced citizenship in the past five years, as per the data shared by the Ministry of Home Affairs to Lok Sabha.
- About 40% of the citizenship renunciation requests come from the United States, followed by Australia and Canada, which amount to a chunk of around 30% of such requests.
- According to information available with the Ministry of External Affairs, a total of 1,33,83,718 Indian nationals are living in foreign countries as on date.
- Regarding granting Indian citizenship, MHA replied that a total of 10,645 people had applied for Indian citizenship in the same period out of which 4177 was granted.
- Of this, the maximum are from Pakistan (7,782), followed by Afghanistan (795), the US (227), Sri Lanka (205), Bangladesh (184), Nepal (167) and Kenya (185).
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -