1. World’s largest Wind Solar Hybrid Power Plant commissioned by Adani Green
Gautam Adani owned Adani Green Energy has commissioned the world's largest 750 MW Wind-Solar hybrid power plant at Jaisalmer Rajasthan. Both the wind and the solar power plant are located at the same location.
The Solar power plant has an installed capacity of 600 MW and the Wind power plants has an installed capacity of 150 MW.
The company has entered into Power Purchase Agreements with the Government of India’s owned Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI). Under the agreement the power generated at the plant will be bought by SECI at Rs 2.69 Kwh for the next 25 years.
2. Adani to Export Power to Bangladesh
Asia’s richest and world’s third richest person Gautam Adani has tweeted that it will export electricity from its coal fired power plant in Jharkhand to Bangladesh by Bijoy Dibosh (vijay divas), 16 Dec 2022.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- Gautam Adani tweet came after he met the visiting Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in New Delhi.
- Adani Power limited is setting up 1600 MW Godda Power Project in Jharkhand. It is also building a transmission line to evacuate the power to Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh is currently facing an acute shortage of power due to sharp increase in the price of coal, oil and natural gas in the world due to ongoing Russia-Ukraine conflict.
- 16 December is observed as victory day or Bijoy Diwas in Bangladesh as the Pakistan Army surrendered to Mukti Bahini and Indian Army leading to Independence of Bangladesh in 1971.