Amazon has chosen Rajasthan for its first its solar power plant in India
American e-commerce giant Amazon has announced that it will set up three solar farms in Rajasthan with a combined capacity of 420 megawatt (MW). This will be the first time that Amazon is setting up a solar farm in the country.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
The proposed power plants :
- The power plant will be developed by three companies .ReNew Power will develop 210 MW plant, Amp Energy India will set up 100 Mw and Brookfield Renewable Partners will develop 110 MW power plant .
- Amazon will also set up 23 new solar rooftop projects in 14 cities of India, with a capacity to generate an additional 4.09 MW of power.
Solar Power in India :
- The National Institute of Solar Energy has assessed the Country’s solar potential of about 748 GW.
- The Government of India has set a target to have an installed solar power capacity of 300 GW by 2030.
- According to the Government of India the total installed solar capacity was 48.55 GW at the end of November 2021.
- India has the 5th largest installed solar power capacity in the world after China, United States, Japan and Germany .
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -