Chhattisgarh becomes the 35th State/UT to Join “One Nation One Ration Card” plan
Tags: National News
Chhattisgarh formally joined the “One Nation one Ration Card” (ONORC) on 2 Feburary 2022 and became the 35th State/Union Territory government which is now part of this scheme.
- The scheme now covers almost 96.8% National Food Security Act (NFSA) population (about 77 Crore NFSA beneficiaries) in the country
- The ONORC scheme was launched by the Government of India in August 2019. Under this scheme the eligible ration card holders are linked with their Aadhaar card number.
- The beneficiaries who are part of the scheme can get foodgrains under National Food Security act (NSFA) and Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) from any Fair Price Shop (also called ration shop) in the country.
- This scheme was devised to help the migrant workers who faced a lot of problems during the corona pandemic-induced lock down in the country.
PMGKAY (Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana)
It was launched in March 2020 by the Government of India.
Under this scheme the government provides an additional free 5 kg wheat /Rice per person per month to the 80 crore beneficiaries of the National Food Security act.
National Food Security act (NFSA)
The Public distribution system in India is covered under the National Food security act 2013. It covers 75% of the rural population and 50% Urban areas.
- Food Grains are provided to beneficiaries in two categories, Antodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) and Priority Household (PHH).
- The Antodaya Anna Yojana beneficiaries get 35 kg of foodgrains per month and the Priority Household gets 5kg per person per month.
- The beneficiary gets rice/wheat or coarse cereals at a highly subsidised price.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -