North Korea test Intermediate Range Ballistic missile
Tags: International News
North Korea tested its seventh missile of the year. It tested the Hwasong-12 surface-to surface Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM) on 30 January, which was confirmed later.
- The missile has a range of 4500 km.
- This missile threatens the U.S military base of Guam, situated in the western Pacific Ocean.
- The test was condemned by the United States and it has requested an emergency session of the United Nations on the issue on 3 January 2022.
It is officially called as Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
Leader: Kim Jong-Un
Types of Missile
Surface to Surface missile has been classified into different types based on their range
- Short Range Missile : Missile which has a range of 500 km to 100o km
- Medium range or Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile(IRBM) : The missile which has a range of 1000 km to 5,500 km.
- Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM): The missile which has a range of more than 5,500 Km.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -