Elon Musk named Time Person of the year 2021
Tags: Person in news
- New-York based Time magazine has named Tesla founder and space entrepreneur Elon Musk as the Time person of the year 2021.
- The tradition of selecting a "Man of the Year" began in 1927. Charles Lindbergh, who completed the first solo transatlantic flight in May 1927 by piloting his monoplane Spirit of St. Louis from Garden City, New York to Paris, France is the first Time Person of the Year.
- Mahatma Gandhi is the only Indian till date to have won the Time Person of the Year in 1930 (then called Time Man of the Year) for his Salt Satyagraha (Dandi march).
- US President Franklin D. Roosevelt is the only person to have won Time Person of the Year 3 times in 1932, 1934 and 1941.
- Time magazine also holds an online poll for the readers to vote for who they believe to be the Person of the Year. While many mistakenly believe the winner of the poll to be the Person of the Year, the title, as mentioned above, is decided by the editors of Time. Time continues to annually run an online poll for the "People's Choice", but stresses the decision on whom the magazine recognizes is not made by the poll, but by the magazine's editors.
- Indian PM Narendra Modi has won this “People’s Choice Person of the Year” twice in 2014 and 2016
- Elon Reeve Musk is an entrepreneur and business magnate. He is the founder, CEO, and Chief Engineer at SpaceX; Tesla, Inc.; The Boring Company; and co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -