India’s Harnaaz Sandhu crowned Miss Universe 2021
Tags: National News
- Punjab’s Harnaaz Sandhu (21) won the Miss Universe 2021 pageant on 12 December 2021, beating contestants from 79 countries to bring the title back to India after 21 years
- She was crowned by the last year Miss Universe Andrea Meza of Mexico
- Nadia Ferreira ( Paraguay) of Paraguay was the first Runners Up
- Previously only two Indians won this beauty pageant. They are Sushmita Sen in 1994 and Lara Dutta in 2000.
- The 70th edition of the event was held in Israel’s resort town of Eilat
- She earlier won the Miss Diva Universe 21 contest which was held in Mumbai , which enabled her to represent India in the Miss Universe 2021 contest.
Miss Universe is an annual international beauty pageant that is run by the United States–based Miss Universe Organization.
It has its headquarters in New York City, USA
Along with Miss World, Miss International, and Miss Earth, Miss Universe is one of the Big Four international beauty pageants.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -