Everest conqueror ‘Santosh Yadav’ to be the first women chief guest at RSS Dussehra event in Nagpur
Tags: Person in news
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has invited the illustrious mountaineer Santosh Yadav to be the Chief Guest at its annual Dussehra function in Nagpur on 5 October 2022.
It is for the first time that RSS has invited any female as a chief guest at an event which will be addressed by the RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
The speech given by Mohan Bhagwat during the event is of importance and is widely tracked by many as it lays out its views on a variety of issues and also outlines the agenda for the RSS for the year.
The RSS has traditionally invited distinguished persons from different walks of life as its chief guest at the much anticipated event.
Former President Pranab Mukherjee, Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi have been among the chief guests.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
Santosh Yadav :
- 54 year old Santosh Yadav was born in the Joniyawas village of Rewari district in Haryana. She is the first woman to scale Mount Everest twice , in 1992 and 1993.
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) :
- RSS was founded by Dr. Keshav Baliram Hedgewar at Nagpur on 27th September 1925 on Vijayadashami Day f.
- It claims to be the world’s largest social organization. It is a right wing Hindu organization which aims to create a Hindu rashtra in India.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is considered to be the political wing of RSS.
- Its Headquarters: Nagpur , Maharashtra .
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -