Golden Peacock' Environment Management Award 2023 to Adani Transmission Limited
Indian company Adani Transmission Limited (ATL) has been awarded the 'Golden Peacock Environment Management Award' by the 'Institute of Directors' in the 'Power Transmission Sector'.
An Overview of the news:
- This year an assessment group comprising environment, health and safety, energy and climate change experts assessed more than 520 applications.
- These applications were approved by Justice M.N. The review was done by an eminent jury committee headed by Venkatachaliah.
Golden Peacock Environment Management Award:
- The award is given for reducing its ecological footprint through programs such as zero waste in landfills, single-use plastic free, water-positive operations, promoting renewable energy integration and implementation of best-in-class environmental management strategies.
- ATL was declared the 'Winner' by its B2C arm i.e. Adani Electricity Mumbai Limited for its unique strategic initiative of increasing renewable energy in bulk power purchase for distribution in Mumbai region.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has been awarded the prestigious Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for the year 2021 in the steel sector by the Institute of Directors. SAIL has been the winner of this award for three consecutive years.
Managing Director and CEO of Adani Transmission Limited: Anil Sardana.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -