India to open consulate in southern French city of Marseille
Tags: place in news
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on 14 July 2023 that India will open a consulate in the southern city of Marseille, France.
An Overview of the news:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Indian community at La Seine Musicale in Paris during his visit to France.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was awarded the highest French award 'Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour' by the President of the Republic of France, Emmanuel Macron on 13 July 2023.
- Prime Minister Modi is on an official visit to France and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 13 to 15 July 2023. This is the sixth visit of Prime Minister Modi to France.
- The Prime Minister was the chief guest at the Bastille Day Parade on 14 July 2023, in which a contingent of the Indian Armed Forces from the three services also participated.
- This year also marks the 25th anniversary of the India-France Strategic Partnership and the Prime Minister's visit will provide an opportunity to chart out a roadmap for the future of the partnership in various areas such as strategic, cultural, scientific, educational and economic cooperation.
- Capital: Paris
- Currency: Euro
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Prime Minister: Elizabeth Bourne
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -