India Post Payments Bank's customer base crosses 5 Crore Mark
Tags: National News
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), a ‘Digital-First Bank’ announced that it has crossed the five-crore customer mark in 3 years of commencement of operations to become one of the fastest-growing digital payments bank in the country.
- IPPB opened up these five crore accounts in digital and paperless mode through its 1.36 lakh Post Oﬃces, out of which 1.20 lakh are in rural areas, with the help of about 1.47 lakhs doorstep banking service providers. With this, IPPB has achieved the world’s largest digital ﬁnancial literacy programme by building a ﬁnancially aware and empowered customer-base
- Out of the total account holders, around 48% were women account holders indicating the Bank’s focus on bringing women customers under the banking network. Out of those about 98% of accounts of women were opened at the doorsteps and over 68% of women were availing DBT beneﬁts.
- In yet another milestone, IPPB revealed that it attracted youths to avail of digital banking services. Over 41% of account holders were in the age group of 18 to 35 years.
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has been established under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication with 100% equity owned by the Government of India.
- IPPB was launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on September 1, 2018.
- IPPB delivers simple and aﬀordable banking solutions through intuitive interfaces available in 13 languages.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -