India will open its new consulate in Brisbane
Tags: National News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address at the community event in Sydney during his Australian visit informed that a new consulate will be constructed in Brisbane.
An Overview of the News:
- The main objective of setting up the Consulate in Brisbane is to fulfill the long standing demand of Indian expatriates in Australia.
- This was announced during Prime Minister Modi's address at the Kudos Bank Arena in Sydney, which was attended by over 21,000 people across Australia, along with Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese.
- Meanwhile, Prime Minister Albanese also declared Harris Park as "Little India" during the reception for Prime Minister Modi.
- Harris Park is a center in western Sydney where the Indian community celebrates Indian festivals and events including Diwali and Australia Day.
India-Australia business partnership:
- Australia was the 17th largest trading partner of India in the year 2022 and India is the 9th largest trading partner of Australia.
- Bilateral trade between the two countries stood at US$ 27.5 billion in the year 2021, which is likely to reach around US$ 50 billion in the next five years.
- In this context, both the countries are moving fast in the field of concluding a free trade agreement.
- Capital: Canberra
- King: King Charles III
- Prime Minister: Anthony Albanese
- Currency: Australian Dollar
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -