INS Sahyadri and INS Kolkata arrive at Jakarta for Bilateral Maritime Exercise
INS Sahyadri and INS Kolkata, two flagship ships of the Indian Navy, arrived at Jakarta on 17 July 2023 to participate in a bilateral maritime exercise with the Indonesian Naval Forces.
An Overview of the news:
- On arrival at Jakarta, both the naval ships of the mission deployed in the South-Eastern IOR were accorded a warm welcome by the Indonesian Navy.
- The Indian and Indonesian navies will engage in an elaborate program of professional interactions, joint yoga sessions, sports events and cross-deck visits, with an aim to strengthen mutual cooperation and understanding between the two navies.
- Both the ships will also participate in the Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) at sea with the Indonesian Navy to further strengthen the high level of interoperability that both navies have from the Middle East.
- Recently Indian and Indonesian naval forces conducted their bilateral exercise named Samudra Shakti 2023 in the South China Sea.
INS Sahyadri and INS Kolkata:
- INS Sahyadri is the third indigenously designed and built stealth frigate of the Project-17 class.
- INS Kolkata is the first indigenously designed and built Project-15A class stealth destroyer.
- Both these ships have been built at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, Mumbai.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -