Tags: International News
1. Prime Minister Katrin Jakobsdottir to form the new government in Iceland
- Katrin Jakobsdottir has been chosen by the coalition parties in Iceland to be their leader and the Prime Minister of Iceland.
- She became the Prime minister of Iceland in 2017for the first time.
- Capital of Iceland: Reykjavík
2. Barbados becomes a Republic
The Caribbean island nation of Barbados declared itself a republic on 30 November, a move that coincides with the 55th anniversary of its independence from Britain.
Barbados capital Bridgetown
Currency: Barbados Dollar
Prime Minister: Mia Mottley
3. EU announces BRI alternative
- European Union (EU) plans 300 Billion Euro Infrastructure Fund to Counter China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) by 2027.
- Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission calls it “The Global Gateway Plan” and describes it as “roadmap for major investment in infrastructure development around the world”
4. Sri Lanka Finance Minister Visit to India
India has agreed to help Sri Lanka to deal with its food and energy crisis .
This was agreed by the visiting Sri Lankan Finance Minister Mr. Basil Rajapaksa and the Finance Minister Mrs. Nirmala Sithraman and External Affairs minister Mr. S. Jaishanker.
5. Russia warns US to stop NATO’s Eastward Expansion
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told the U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken that Moscow needed “long-term security guarantees” that would halt NATO’s eastward expansion.
Mr. Lavrov and Mr. Blinken was in Stockholm for a meeting of the ministerial level meeting of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -