Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates ‘Arogya Manthan’ to mark the anniversary of flagship health scheme of the government
Tags: place in news National Government Schemes Person in news
The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the two days (25-26 September 2022) Arogya Manthan 2022 programme in New Delhi on 25 September 2022.
The Arogya Manthan has been organised by the National Health Authority (NHA) to celebrate the 4 years of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) and 1 year of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
NHA under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is the implementing agency of AB PM-JAY and ABDM.
Speaking on the occasion the minister said that presently 4.5 lakh Ayushman cards are being issued per day and the target is to increase it to 10 lakh Ayushman Cards every day. Ayushman card is issued to the beneficiaries of the AB PM-JAY.
Achievements of the AB PM-JAY
The minister released the annual report, National Health Authority 2021. The main points of the report regarding the two health schemes are as follows:
- The scheme is presently being implemented in 33 states and Union Territory;
- Over 19 crore cards have been issued to the individuals till date of which 52 per cent of them were males and 48 per cent females.
- Under the AB PM-JAY scheme, 3.8 crore of patients were admitted in hospitals across the country with 46% of them in public hospitals and 54% in private hospitals. As much as 52% of these patients were males and 48% were females.
Performance of the states in enrolling patients under AB PM-JAY
- Goa, Kerala, Haryana, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra were the top five states in which empanelled hospitals admitted the highest number of patients as per the AB PM-JAY.
- Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Manipur and Mizoram were the top Northeast/Hilly states.
- Puducherry, Chandigarh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep and Ladakh were the top Union Territories.
Performance of the ABDM
The health minister also said that more than 24 crore ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) has been generated in India.
One crore health records have been linked digitally under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
National Health Protection Scheme or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
- Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) was launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 23rd September, 2018 in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- It is the largest health assurance scheme in the world which provides a health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per eligible family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)
- The Prime Minister launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) via video conferencing on 27th September 2021.
- It aims to provide a health ID (now called as ABHA) to every citizen that will also work as their health account, to which personal health records can be linked and viewed with the help of a mobile application.
- The data will be available to doctors, hospitals, health insurance companies so that a seamless health care is provided to the patients.
- It is voluntary and no citizen can be forced to join it.
Chief Executive Officer of National Health Authority : Dr Ram Sewak Sharma
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -